Job Code: CROMSOL1540
City: Bolton, Greater Manchester, UK
Cromptons Solicitors is a dynamic and innovative law firm in Bolton. We now have fantastic opportunities to join a high quality, friendly firm with excellent opportunities for progression and development.
We are expanding with further ambitious growth plans. We are now looking to expand our team further and are seeking experienced litigators/lawyers/fee earners to assist in what is a busy and varied practice dealing in complex civil litigation primarily in the field of negligently installed cavity wall insulation. Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Candidates must have the ability to run a caseload from start to finish and you will have sound knowledge and a proven track record. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills. You will be a committed and self-motivated individual who can work as part of a friendly team to tight deadlines and have excellent attention to detail. You will be required to have a good understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules and Civil Litigation generally.
This role will involve multi track litigation and would be suitable for anyone looking to retrain or a move away from low value Personal Injury Litigation and/or Industrial Disease work. We offer real progression to senior/partner level.
Applications are invited from Legal Executives/Paralegals/Fee Earners or NQ Solicitors with NQE of up to 3 years with at least 6-12 months fee earning experience with proven billing and litigation experience. You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and have previous experience handling a large caseload of matters using Proclaim Case Management System. Successful candidates will be able to be proactive in developing and following appropriate litigation strategies as part of a team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high quality, friendly firm with excellent opportunities for progression and development on offer including training contracts for the right candidate.
Cromptons Solicitors is an Equal opportunities Employer.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Handle a full caseload of Fast Track and Multi Track litigated matters and Pre-Litigated matters with the view of issuing.
- Comply with tight court deadlines
- Be able to work independently
- Need to demonstrate that they can cope well under pressure
- Be able to build strong relationships with clients
- Meet realistic Quarterly and Monthly targets
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience with Fast-Track/Multi-Track cases.
- Must have litigation experience.
- Experience of meeting Court Direction Deadlines.
- Experience attending telephone and CMC’s in person.
- Have previous experience of using Proclaim
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and to meet tight deadlines
- Undertake Court Hearings to ensure progress is maximised and all actions have been undertaken to bring the case to settlement.
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with SLA requirements
- Meeting agreed performance targets
- Proficient IT skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
Apply now with your CV and covering letter for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org